Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar, the king of cricket legend and records, has turned 47 today. Master blaster Sachin Tendulkar had not only taken possession of the 22-yard pitch in his 24-year illustrious cricket career but during this time, he had played a world record with records from his bat.
Sachin spent more than two decades on the cricket ground. In his long career, he also saw many ups and downs and made many such records which are difficult to break in the coming years.
Sachin stepped into international cricket in 1989 from a Test match against Pakistan. He also made his ODI debut a month after his Test debut. Sachin played the only international T20 match in his career against South Africa in 2006. Sachin Tendulkar had quit international cricket in 2013. But before he retired, he made many such records, which seems impossible to break.
Let’s know about the Top 10 records of Sachin Tendulkar
- Most International runs in ODI & Test: Sachin Tendulkar has 18,426 runs in international ODI cricket and 15,921 runs in Tests. He is the most run-scorer in both formats. He has 34,347 international runs to his name.
- Most International centuries in ODI & Test: Sachin Tendulkar holds the record for most international centuries in Test and ODI cricket. He has 51 centuries in Tests and 49 centuries in ODIs. He is the only player in the world to score 100 international centuries.
- First Batsman to score 12000 test runs and 10000 ODI runs: Sachin Tendulkar is the first batsman in the world to score 12 thousand or more runs in Test cricket. At the same time, he is also the first player in the world to score 10,000 runs in ODI cricket.
- 3rd player to score a century against all test playing nations: Sachin is the third player in the world and the first player of India to score a century against all the countries who play Tests. Steve Waugh and Gary Kirsten had done this before them.
- Most test and ODI matches: Legendary batsman Sachin Tendulkar is the only player in the world to play 200 international Test matches. In this list, Sachin is at number one, while Steve Waugh is second with 168 Test matches. Sachin is not only in Test but also the most international ODI player in the world. Sachin Tendulkar has played 463 ODIs. After him, Sanath Jayasuriya has played 445 ODIs.
- The first batsman to score a double century in ODI: Sachin is the first batsman in the world to score a double century in ODI cricket. He scored an unbeaten 200 against South Africa in Gwalior on 24 February 2010. In his innings, he hit 25 fours and three sixes.
- Record of playing most World Cups: The name of Sachin Tendulkar is jointly the highest record of playing 6 World Cups. Pakistani veteran Javed Miandad has also played 6 World Cups for Pakistan. Sachin holds the record for scoring the most 2278 runs in the World Cup. He did this feat in the journey from 1992 to 2011 World Cup.
- Most Centuries in a single World Cup: Sachin also holds the record for scoring the maximum 6 centuries in a World Cup. However, in the 2019 World Cup, Rohit Sharma had equaled him. At the same time, Ricky is the most played player in the World Cup after potting. Sachin has played 45 matches in the World Cup, while Ponting has played 46 matches.
- Most runs in a single World Cup: Master Blaster holds the record for scoring the most 673 runs in any one World Cup. He did this feat in the 2003 World Cup and was the man of the series.
Most man of the match awards: Sachin Tendulkar holds the record for winning the Man of the Match award for the most 76 times in international cricket. He has been the man of the match 14 times in Tests and 62 times in ODIs.
Follow us on Twitter for more updates.